Sunday, May 13, 2012

Yellowstone Adventures

My first weekend in Montana I was lucky enough to have off the first two days. On one of those, my friend Dre and I ventured into Yellowstone, or simply The Park as its called here, and did a 3 hour driving tour. She has worked as a bartender in Yellowstone for 5 seasons so she knows her way around very well. We drove through Lamar Valley, the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and Mammoth Hot Springs. We saw mountains, geysers, waterfalls and a ton of wildlife: goats, rams, deer, elk, bison, antelope, a crane, a raven, and FIVE bears. My experience in the outdoors department is severely lacking, but everyone accustomed to it says that seeing five bears in one day is pretty rare.

A week later Dre, Natalie, Baker and I went on a mild hike on a mountain called Everett's in Yellowstone. As we hiked up, we could look down on the neighboring small town called Gardiner. We also we able to get pretty close to a herd of sheep with their lambs. As this was my first legitimate hike, I was struggling quite a bit, but making it to the top was an incredible feeling.

the black bear that crossed the road right in front of us

Mr. Bison

Mammoth Hot Springs

spectacular

hot springs

Natalie and Dre on our hike

little baby lamb scratching his butt

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment