Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mad to Live

Since arriving in Montana, I have been bombarded with an invigorating sense of truly being alive. My life here differs drastically from the norm, giving it the impression of being unrealistic, a dream land. In fact, my friends and I jokingly call our home here Neverland, an imaginary time warp that confuses the days and all inklings of time passing. It's strange to me that this lifestyle which in so many ways contradicts most people's perceptions of "real life" is the life that fills me up and overloads me with a burning desire to live and love and, most importantly, to never stop yearning.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
Jack Kerouac, On the Road


No comments:

Post a Comment