Monday, April 8, 2013

Off to Neverland

People always say how wonderful it is that I've traveled so much, and that I should do as much of it as I can while I'm still young. While I'm still young? I'm always a bit confused about this; it's as if I'll eventually get all this traversing around out of my system, as if when I "grow up" I have to stop living my life and doing what I love. I politely smile and say something about making the most of my responsibility-free time, but inside I am festering. This is not a stage I'm going through and I'm never going to feel that I've done enough and can now stop moving.

In honor of my pledge to retain my youthful, adventurous nature, I recently got a tattoo of the two stars from Peter Pan, written by J.M. Barrie. The directions to Neverland are "second star to the right and straight on til morning."


"If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, 
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"







No comments:

Post a Comment