Monday, March 4, 2013

Wanderings

Even though I have lived many places over the years, I feel this is the first destination in which I'm investing most of my time in getting to know the area. I'll be in San Diego long enough to make it worthwhile to spend time making new friends, joining sports teams, and acquainting myself with local areas and things to do. It's a totally different kind of living experience which, as you know, is what I live for. Getting around gets a little tricky without a car, but armed with my bus/trolley/train passes, a strong set of legs, and a steel determination, I have done and seen way more than most San Diegans.

I've gone whale watching, participated in numerous Taco Tuesdays, visited the local farmers market, learned how to make crepes with our Guatemalan friends, gazed at Jupiter and constellations in Balboa Park, cheered Natalie on during her half marathon, attended a local soccer game (Go Sockers!), tasted Carruth Cellars wine and boogied to a jazz band at the infamous Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, met an up and coming boy band (Reverse Order), made my way south to Mexico (Tijuana, Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo) to ride horses on the beach, explored museums in the Gaslamp District and Seaport Village, hosted several dinner parties for various couchsurfing friends, explored the San Diego zoo, checked out the Oceanside Surf Museum and longest pier on the West Coast, joined a soccer team (Go Bingo Bongo Changos!), traversed to the Botanical Gardens and Lux Art Museum in Encinitas, and just generally enjoyed life. I couldn't be more thrilled with all I've done, but there's still so much more.















1 comment:

  1. Hey sunshine girl!!! I knew you would fit in and love it as much as i did when i was there. You are lucky enough to be older and experiencing so much more then i was able to. I'm so happy you and your friends are living life to the fullest! I wish i was there!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete