Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's the Simple Things

Yesterday, I was biking home from work and came to a four way stop. The two other vehicles present at the intersection were also bicycles.

While at the salon today, I met another wanderer whose enthusiasm and zest for travel enlivened my soul.

On the way to my babysitting job today I passed a palm tree-like bush whose fronds stretched out into the middle of the sidewalk. I purposely rode my bike through it to feel the fronds brush up against my legs.

Today I went surfing for the first time since being in California, which encapsulates several simple things:
1. I was instructed by someone I met upon arriving in San Diego and who I now consider a friend.
2. The said friend lives 2 blocks from the ocean, and owns multiple surfboards, so after locking up my bike at his house I walked barefoot to the beach, surfboard in tow.
3. I was out on the ocean as the sun went down.
4. I got to hang up my wetsuit in my backyard, just like all the other California surfers.

Who could ever ask for anything more than the simple things?


No comments:

Post a Comment