Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some cool things I've discovered so far...

- Near Sea World, there is a miniature runway and field dedicated to the die hard remote controlled airplane owners

- People live for Taco Tuesday - shrimp tacos, lobster tacos, chicken tacos, fish tacos, veg tacos, carne asada tacos, pork tacos...

-With no humidity, it gets COLD at night

- San Diegans don't mess around with viewing their "wild life." Tickets to the zoo and Sea World are insanely expensive

- The hierarchies orchestrating most restaurants are borderline impenetrable. I have to work about a year before I'm allowed to take on the sought after night shifts at my restaurant

- For ten months, maybe more, out of the year you can't get in the water without a wet suit

- There is strict surfer etiquette that I have yet to break in to

- San Diego is the number one spot for homeless people, which makes a lot of sense to me. Why wouldn't you migrate to a warm, ocean front spot if you were homeless? Many of them are more than happy with the way their lives have turned out, including the notorious guy with a flower headdress that I see all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment