Wednesday, August 31, 2011

India

Welp, it's that time again. In less than two days I will again be boarding a plane to a distant land. This time, the destination is HD Kote, India. I am spending three months volunteering in a school/orphanage and imparting my vast knowledge of the English language unto eager children. The volunteer company I signed up with is called Volunteers for Peace (http://www.vfp.org/). I will be living in a district called Mysore in the Karnataka state just outside of the capital city called Mysore. It's a few hours south of Mumbai (Bombay). I am beyond excited to embark on this new adventure. I first started becoming interested in Indian culture after reading The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and have since been obsessed with learning more. It's such a diverse and culturally rich country. I'm hoping to do a lot of traveling within India and will be sure to take lots of pictures with my new fancy camera (thanks Mom and Mommom). Here's some information about Mysore: http://www.mysore.nic.in/district_profile.htm

Mysore Palace


No comments:

Post a Comment