Sunday, August 14, 2011

Language Woes

Well, after spending an entire month in CR, and taking five hours of Spanish a day... I am not fluent in Spanish. Alas, I have had to accept the fact that 6 total months of studying Spanish is simply not enough. Disregarding this obvious fact, I spent the last few days in CR extremely frustrated with myself for not knowing more. But learning a new language, especially at 22, just isn't easy! Don't worry, though, I have no intention of giving up. If anything I am more determined to add this skill to my agglomeration of resources. Upon perusing my Nat Geo Traveler magazine, I have found extra encouragement:

"A basic knowledge of at least one other language is a handy item to have in your travel tool kit, for it levels the playing field... I believe every traveler should speak other languages." - Daisann McLane

No comments:

Post a Comment