Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Tale of Two Weddings


The customs involved in a traditional Hindu Indian wedding are complicated, unique, lavish, and abundant. I had read about a few of the traditions in a novel and ever since I have hoped that one day I would get to see one first hand. Well, through India’s boundless generosity and desperate desire to adhere to my every wish, I was invited to not one but TWO Indian weddings. On the same day. And the best part... I didn’t realize they were two different weddings until I had been at the first one for two hours. As soon as this discovery was made, my friends and I immediately departed and took three buses in three hours to arrive just in time for the second wedding to end. Therefore, I was unable to witness a full Hindu ceremony at either wedding. If the situation wasn’t so hysterically ironic I would have been really disappointed. I was also finally able to wear my Indian sari, and I ate the most spectacular Indian meal, so the day wasn’t a total loss.




No comments:

Post a Comment