Thursday, July 21, 2011

Raw Youth

"It's easy, when you are young, to believe that what you desire is no less than what you deserve, to assume that if you want something badly enough, it is your God-given right to have it... death remains as abstract a concept as non-Euclidean geometry or marriage."

-Jon Krakauer, author of Into the Wild

I'm not sure what it is about being young that permits, or prompts, one to fearlessly challenge the unknown. All I know is that the attraction exists in me and it is defiantly thriving. Not only does it lead me to travel to a third world country, it settles me on top of a 265 foot bridge in the middle of the rainforest and calmly demands "Jump." And I obey. Much to the dismay of my mother.


So, bungee jumping is now crossed off the bucket list. I wasn't nervous until I started plunging down, but by then it's too late to even think about what just happened. I have a video that I will try to post on here a little later.

265 ft bridge

the rocky river underneath

all the jumpers

toes over the edge

post jump glee

No comments:

Post a Comment