Tuesday, April 26, 2011

¡Voy a ir a Costa Rica!

Finally, I have some definite postgraduate plans! This is quite a relief to me as I watch my other friends get full-time jobs or start graduate school. One day, I'll get there. But for right now, traveling is my priority.

As I stated in my very first blog, I have begun taking Spanish classes at Anne Arundel Community College. Sure enough, this decision has led to an incredible opportunity (remember the chains of flowers and thorns?). AACC offers a study abroad trip to Costa Rica for one month and I have been accepted! It goes from June 30 to July 31. I will be living in San Jose with a host family (something I have wanted to do for quite a while) and I will be taking Spanish classes every day at the Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose. I am so excited to improve my Spanish while exploring a brand new, beautiful country. If anyone has ever been to Costa Rica, please feel free to email me with destination suggestions. I should have most of my evenings and weekends free so I will of course be using that time to see what I can of the country. While away, I will be using this blog to update you on my experiences.



La Paz Waterfalls - a trip here has already been scheduled

Poas Volcano - I'm also planning on going here

No comments:

Post a Comment