Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Canvas Painting

Last fall I studied abroad in London, England. The director/advisor/savior of the UMD-in-London was Dr. Koehler, a slightly overbearing yet incredibly helpful resource. During our orientation, we heard a few of the catchphrases that Dr. K would repeat in her pseudo British and entirely pompous accent throughout our semester abroad. One of those was "canvas painting." Though her repeated phrases were often joked about, her point wasn't missed on us. She encouraged us to paint our canvases with something new and interesting everyday. We have a clean blank page and its up to us to fill it with whatever we want. (Of course, her overbearing side had her own opinions about exactly how we should paint, but that's Dr. K.) I love the idea of creating my own life canvas. Here's a few images that I think would be centerpieces. These pictures I hang on to "like gold dust" (another one of Dr. K's famous maxims.)

Sunset in Annapolis - Home Sweet Home

Coliseum - Rome, Italy
by far one of the coolest things I have seen in person

Venice - one of my favorite cities in the world

London, England - home of The London Eye,
Big Ben, and a part of my heart


Nashville, TN - I've spent a lot time here over the years and
am still amazed by how much fun this city is


Cancun, Mexico - came here with two of my
favorite people in the whole world -
my sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment