Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bursting the Bubble


My last day at Mountain Sky has arrived. I have often had trouble describing what life here is like, so attempting to explain how it feels to be leaving my isolated home in the mountains and reentering a world full of people and cities that I haven’t been exposed to in months is proving to be even more challenging. This secluded spot has literally been the backdrop for all aspects of my life: eating, working, living, socializing. I’ve been with the same small group of people, day after day, for six months, and now I’m about to leave and in all likelihood not see most of them again. Not many people engage in, or are even aware of, this surreal living arrangement. 

I know that in a month or so I will severely miss this alternate lifestyle I have grown accustomed to, and this wildly beautiful spot in the world I have grown attached to, but right now I am desperate for change. My schedule has become too routine, and my soul requires stimulation. Coming to Montana was easily one of the best decisions of my life and regret is something far from what I’m feeling. I’m simply ready for whatever happens to come next.


“I travel a lot. I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” 
Caskie Stinnett

Saying goodbye to Big Creek Road and Mt. Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment