Thursday, September 26, 2013

Great News!

Although I have been keeping track of my travels via blog for over two years, I have only recently made it my goal to use my travel expertise to help others in a public forum. Since January of this year, I have had several pieces published online. It's a feeling that I know will never get old. This is exactly what I want to do with my life, and I can't believe how many opportunities have already come my way.

I was accepted to the Go Overseas writing corps program back in December and have since had one article published and two in the works. The first is about how to How to Volunteer in Orphanages Abroad and the potential drawbacks, one is about must try food while studying in the United Kingdom, and the last is 7 tips to teaching in India. I hope to work more closely with Go Overseas in the future as there is a lot of potential for growth.

The other website I have had an online affiliation with is Pink Pangea. So far two of my articles have been posted, No Regrets in India and most recently How to Defend Yourself Against Assault in India. I have also recently applied and been accepted for the role of Foreign Correspondent. This means over the next few months while I'm traveling in Thailand and southeast Asia, I will have to submit 1-2 articles a month about my experiences. This is a HUGE step in the right direction for me and I couldn't be more excited.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as I pursue these leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment