Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nerd Alert

I've only just recently read the Lord of the Ring books and seen the movies, and I'm proud to say I've become a pretty big fan. I love the whole adventure aspect, and stepping out of the safe comfort zone of the Shire, and jumping headlong into the vast unknown on a dangerous quest full of surprises.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it withe eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-The Fellowship of the Rings, JRR Tolkien-

I just watched the newest movie, The Hobbit, and actually got chills as I watched Bilbo contemplate the snug security of his hobbit hole, and then throw all precaution to the wind as he chases down his companions to join them for a journey that he knows next to nothing about. All he knows is that if he were to pass up his chance, he would always regret it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment